Notice to California Residents:
Under California Law, California residents have the right to request in writing from businesses with whom they have an established business relationship, (1) a list of the categories of information, such as name, address, e-mail address, and the type of services provided to the customer, that a business has disclosed to third parties (including affiliates that are separate legal entities) during the immediately preceding calendar year for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes, and (2) the names and addresses of all such third parties. To request the above information, please email us with a reference to California Disclosure Information at: info@CaliBurger.com.
Minors under eighteen (18) years of age are prohibited from using this site. The CaliBurger Site is not intended for children under the age of 18. If you are under 18 years old, please do not provide personally identifiable information of any kind whatsoever on the CaliBurger Site.
Information We Collect
1. User Provided Information. Users may provide to CaliBurger what is generally called “personally identifiable” information if you register with or contract for services with CaliBurger.
- Facebook Profile/Other Integrations or Applications. CaliBurger may, from time to time, allow you to integrate certain other online profiles, such as your Facebook™ profile in certain cases. In those cases, you will be subject to the privacy policies of those third party websites and/or applications. Please consult the privacy policies of any third party websites and/or applications before using them to send information to others through the CaliBurger Site. Your personally identifiable information will likely be visible to others through these third party social media integrations and applications on the CaliBurger Site.
2. Aggregate Data. Aggregate data is data we collect about a group or category of features, services or individuals, from which individual identities have been removed. For example, information about how you use a feature may be collected and combined with information about how others use the same feature, without any personal information included in the resulting data. CaliBurger uses aggregate data to help identify trends and understand User needs so we can provide better features and services.
CaliBurger may also share automatically collected and other aggregate non-personally-identifiable information with interested third parties to assist them in understanding how people make certain consumer choices, the usage patterns for certain content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality on the CaliBurger Site or for purposes of Users in conducting market research. CaliBurger may also collect demographic data or information, including, without limitation, income, disabilities, educational attainment, home ownership, employment status, hobbies, interests, product ownership and location.
3. General User Data. General User Data, such as your computer's Internet Protocol (IP) address, operating system and browser type, and the date and time of your visit, may be automatically collected through the use of "cookies" (small files that are stored on your computer by a website to give you a unique identification). Cookies also keep track of services you have used, record registration information regarding your login name and password, ensure you do not repeatedly see advertisements, record your preferences and keep you logged into the CaliBurger Site. We treat general user data as personal information if we combine it with or link it to any of the personally identifying information mentioned above and, in those cases, will only use it as aggregate data.
Disclosure of Information
We do not sell, rent or share personally identifiable information with third parties without your prior consent except in the limited circumstances described in this Policy. We may share personally identifiable information with third-party vendors who assist us in performing internal functions necessary to operate our business. These functions may include: analyzing data, providing marketing assistance and processing payment transactions. In all cases we limit the information shared with our third-party vendors to that which is necessary to carry out those functions. We require that these parties agree to process such information in compliance with this Policy, we use reasonable efforts to limit their use of such information, and we require these parties to use any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures. We are not responsible for any information you provide to third party vendors or customers directly, and we encourage you to become familiar with their practices before disclosing information directly to them.
We may share automatically collected, demographic and other aggregate non-personally-identifiable information with interested third parties to assist them in understanding how people make consumer choices and other marketing research purposes, as well as for the usage patterns for certain content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality on the CaliBurger Site.
We may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include, without limitation, fulfilling orders, sending communications on our behalf (including our e-mail communications), analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, creating, hosting and/or running contests/sweepstakes/games and providing customer service. These third parties may have access to our users' personally identifiable information in order to provide these services to us or on our behalf.
Except as stated in this Policy, we do not share personally identifiable information about Users with third parties unless we reasonably believe that doing so is legally required or is in CaliBurger’s interest to protect its property or other legal rights or the rights or property of others.
In addition, information about our Users, including personally identifiable information, may be disclosed as part of any merger, acquisition, equity or debt financing or sale of CaliBurger assets, as well as in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership in which personally identifiable information could be transferred to third parties as one of our business assets.
Third Parties/External Websites
Special Note to International Users
The CaliBurger Site is hosted in the United States. If you are a User accessing the CaliBurger Site (or providing information that is hosted on or routed through the CaliBurger Site) from the European Union (“EU”), Asia, or any other region with laws or regulations governing personal data collection, use, and disclosure, that differ from United States laws, please note that you are transferring your personal data to the United States which does not have the same data protection laws as the EU and other regions, and by providing your personal data you permit:
- The transfer of your personal data to the United States as indicated above.
Notwithstanding that the CaliBurger Site is hosted in the United States, CaliBurger is a participant in the Safe Harbor program developed by the U.S. Department of Commerce and the European Union. CaliBurger adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of Notice, Choice, Onward Transfer, Security, Data Integrity, Access and Enforcement ("Safe Harbor Principles") with respect to personally identifiable information transferred from the European Union to the United States.
We will modify this Policy if our privacy practices materially change. We will notify you of such changes by posting the new policy on the CaliBurger Site and indicating the date it was last updated at the bottom of the Policy. We encourage you to review the Policy each time you visit the CaliBurger Site to see if it has been updated, in order to make sure you understand how personal information you provide will be used.
If you have any questions about this Policy, or the practices of or your dealings with the CaliBurger Site, please email us at info@CaliBurger.com.
Last Updated March 18, 2013